There is of course the standard "Print Screen" button on your keyboard or the slightly more advanced, Windows "Snipping Tool" that can be used to take screen grabs. But a great free tool called Screenpresso, will make the entire process easier and add a heap of more clever options.
Screenpresso is Developed by Learnpulse SAS and as mentioned, is entirely free of charge for the basic version.
The paid version offers some very advanced features, but for most users, the free version is going to be more than enough.
- Screen Shot Region only : Allows you to just capture a portion of your screen, and enhanced by the fact Screenpresso will automatically highlight open windows, allowing for quick, easy capturing of particular apps or programs.
- Delayed Screen Grab: Even tried to capture a drop down menu? Very annoying! But Screenpresso's delayed screen grab option, makes it a cinch.
- Basic Editing: add highlight boxes, arrows, text and much more. Add arrows, texts and highlight areas. Even includes a blur tool, for covering usernames and other data you may not want to share.
- Screen Stitching: Great feature that lets you capture scrolling pages.
- Video Capture: Screenpresso even allows recording of your screen and mouse or keyboard movements. Super handy if you need to show something that may occure after you complete a certain action. (Note - The free version has a branding page at the end of video clip. A $30AUD upgrade will remove this).
- Social Media Sharing: Share directly from Screenpresso to social media, cloud storage and more.
A must have program! Head over to www.screenpresso.com to download it today!